Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence
This past year, the prevalence of sexual violence has come to the forefront of social awareness. This workshop is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to effectively respond when someone discloses that they have been sexually assaulted or harassed by someone else.
Participants will come out of this workshop with:
• An enhanced understanding of the roots of sexual violence
• Knowledge about trauma and the impact of sexual violence
• Information about resources available on campus and in the community
• Tools on how to respond to disclosures of sexual assault
*This workshop strives to work from a trauma-informed lens. With that said, the content does includes topics of sexual violence, sexual assault and sexual harassment and therefore may not be useful for all participants. Ongoing support will be available from the facilitator after the workshop and participants are invited to leave the workshop should they feel they need to at any point.
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- C201F (inside CEMI office)
- Sexual Violence Response and Awareness